Triamp suggestions for Khorn?

jrt

So, I'm entertaining the idea of triamping my Klipschorns (they are biamped now). Just as a thought experiment, what kind of amp would you suggest for the tweeters? I should be more general- what combination of amps would you suggest- bass, squawker, tweeter?

Currently- I'm running an SE 300B for the tweeter/squawker and SS on bass but I tend toward tubes. I'm pretty open to suggestions and loudness is not an issue.

Jason

how are you implementing the crossover?

If you aren't already doing it, I would suggest putting the money

towards an active digital crossover with some form of delay

compensation.

You might also want to give one of those TEAC digital tripath amps a

try...with the high sensitivity of the squaker and tweeter, you should

get some good levels outta them.

I've avoided posting a narrative about the process, hoping to end it with an exclamation of success, but I'll chime in a bit here.

I have a Marchand active xover (no delay, as I found out at Hope that one is needed), have pulled theALK's and run wire from each driver,attached to my Scott 299A at tweter, JFL 2A3s mid, & Pioneer DSXV1S at bass. (I started with a Bogen 232 at bass, but it was UNHAPPY, & immediately lit up some tubes.) This conglomeration was enlisted to give me a starting point for a tri-amped pr. of khorns. (I used what I had.) It sounds like something unmusical at bass, & our next hook-up will be a Crown from my buddy Hal, who's helping me with the project. We both WORK & haven't played with this for a couple of months. The Hope visit pointed me elsewhere, & in the meantime, I'm enjoying my LaS.

SSH

Yes, I absolutely plan to use a good crossover with delay and phase compensation. Right now I'm biamping and using a behringer DCX2496. Without getting into an argument about how bad or good it is, it works for now and this is all still experimental.

I was thinking- some small wattage 2A3 or similar (maybe an 6L6??) on the tweeters, 300B on the mids and I'm finishing up a clone of a dynaco st-70 which I would put on bass duty.

The Scott seems like a lot of power for the tweeters- you attenuate it quite a bit? I can wait and read the full report if you odn't want to talk about it now.

I know absolutely nothing about TEAC amps or Crown amps that people here seem to like.

thanks for the info,

Jason