My New TV / Equipment stand is 'almost' done!

Petrol

I recieved my Sony KDF-42A10 last monday night and this past weekend 'almost' finished building my new stand. All that remains is to mount the as yet back-ordered brushed nickle drawer pulls.

Anyway, I'll toss up the PICs and hope that my efforts to resize them worked.

BTW, I know, I need to re-read Coalter's "Photo Tip" thread, break out my old tripod and reshoot some better PICs so y'all can jump on me about my shoody workmanship, LOL

This is my "Before" PIC

post-18141-1381927206901_thumb.jpg

VERY nice and good photos to boot. Love the storage drawers, looks like they hold a lot of vids, keep em out of the way and still looking neat.

Did you make the speaker stands too? If so, dimensions, drawings, or maybe before pics so we can see the detail? They look very nice.

Michael

I will try to get a better (detail) PIC up after I get the brushed nickle drawer pulls installed (backordered)

The stand measures 49.5" wide x 27.5" tall x 19.5" deep. The top shelf and sides are made up of two layers of laminated oak ply with 1" x 1-1/2" oak trim so it is Plenty strong enough to easily support whatever I may want to place on it. The drawer 'boxes' are 1/2" x 6" clear pine w/ 1/2" sand ply bottoms. I ripped & crosscut the drawer fronts from a single 1" x 8" oak board so that the grain matches up.

BTW, it only 'appears' that the legs are supporting it, I mounted some heavy duty casters on the bottom to make moving it for service, cleaning & wiring super easy

Yes, it has a few flaws in both design (I may replace the drawer slides with some "full-extention" slides) AND execution. It's hard to get real tight joints making rip cuts with a cheapo skill saw instead of a nice table saw, much less doining it all in the driveway, LOL

My plan was to 'stain' it but after working with minwax ebony stain and some scraps of wood for three nights I decided to do the same as I did for my speaker stands I went with four light coats of Benjamin-Moore 'super-acylic' black spray enamel (took most of 5 cans) and topped it with two coats of Benjamin-Moore 'super-acylic' clear gloss spray enamel.

Overall it was a great experience, add to that the fact I spent only slightly more then $200 on all the materials and even my wife is happy.

BTW, yes I made my speaker stands as well. I have no construction PICs or plans as I kind of built them "free-style" The speaker stands are about 30" tall with two 1" x 6" pieces of oak laminated to form a "T" in cross section connected to a 12" x 12" base with four 1-1/2" high "feet" that conceal about 20 lbs of cast iron plate to make them good & stable (sonically & physically) The top is about 6" x 8" of bevel cut 1/2" ply so it kind of disappears under the RB35s

As 'they' say, I have champain taste with a generic beer budget so I exchange what I do have to get what I want cheap labor and imitation, LOL