Reciever or used amp for RF 7 set up

erikm121

Hi all,

Got my speakers months ago, the f's, c and s's. Didn't want to hook them up to my Sony receiver so they have been in the box ever since. :(

Long story short, getting close to finishing my basement and am now looking for a reciever or an amp. I can spend up to 1K ish. Rather keep it in the $800 range, but I am a sucker for nicer things.

Been thinking about Denon, Outlaw and maybe Rotel. Any sugestions? Really looking for imput on Outlaw. I have read tons on Denon and Rotel. Not much on Outlaw.

I would like seperates but run into the money thing. What is the general life of an amp under normal useage? Are any recievers better at being a pre for later on down the road? Thanks for any input you may have.....Cheers...

Oh and demoing something is kida out of the question.....

I am in the same boat. I have been using an HK AVR85 but I now have a Fosgate FAP-T1+ pre-amp I got for $800 at www.woot.com and now I need an amp. I have been examining the following:

1) Rotel RMB-1075: Lists for something like $1,300 (why do high-end manufacturers simply refuse to state what their MSRP is?) but according to www.audioreview.com reviews it seems most purchasers are paying something like $900 - $1,000.

2) Outlaw Model 7125: $999 factory direct.

3) Adcom GFA-7607: Lists for $1,699 but open-box version at www.onecall.com is for sale for $999 with the full five-year warranty.

I was leaning towards the Adcom but as of the last couple days I am starting to favor the Rotel. We have a local dealer near us and it would be good to support the small local high-end dealer. Of course, that is entirely predicated on him being reasonable. Otherwise, I go with OneCall. They are such a fantastic company.