Nice KP-301's on E-Pay

intotubes

It actually is extremely similar to the Chorus II...

The KP-301 and 3001's are very similar and I have taken apart 3001's and Chorus II's. They use the same woofer, but the KP versions use a pro version which has higher powerhandling capabilities (at the expense of LF extension). The 3001 just uses a single HF horn which is nearly identical to the squaker (I'll have to measure side by side...they're that close) used in both the Chorus II and 301...probably using a modified version of the Chorus II driver (which rumour has it is capable of getting up to 18kHz....so a tweeter on the Chorus II may not be necessary).

Regardless, the KP-301 is an extremely good sounding PA speaker....even just a single pair can perform an outdoor concert in front of 500 people. This is probably the absolute extreme of their capability, but it's quite amazing when you think about it. (and this is without additional subwoofage either!)

If I had the money I would drop the $1200 BIN on them right now (and start building my PA system).

I wouldn't however recommend them for listening at home...the Chorus II's are far far better sounding in that regard.