New separates

woodsman

Well after several weeks of research, reading lots of reviews and wrecking my brain I finally made the big decision. Placed my order today for the new amp and preamp. The amp is the Gemstone Blue Diamond. Yes you probably have not heard that name. If you are into home theater, than you will. This amp is put up against the big dogs costing 2-3 times more and beating them out. If anyone is looking for a new amp go to Gemstone Audio. Internet sales only as to keep costs down. The give you a 15 day in home trial. If you don't like it, send it back. Went with their suggestion of the B&K Ref 50s2 preproccessor. With this combo I saved 1500.00 of what I had thought it would take sound to another level. This will probably it, I doubt that it will get any better. At least I am hoping this is the killer combo I've been searching for. We will see in a week or so.

Jeff

Yes I will give it a review. It will be at least 2 weeks before I do a critical review. Probably get the gear sometime next week. Then give it a good burn-in time. Then I will start to evaluate. I did a lot of reading about Gemstone and have not found anything negative really. At least if some folks are not happy with it they have not posted anything yet. Was really looking at that Parasound Halo Pre that you are using there nicholtl. Kinda out of the price range I had in mind though. You have a very nice system there, good name for it.

Jeff