need opinions on KLF-20's

mbajner

I currently have Forte II's for mains

a local person is selling his KLF-20's and I am considering purchasing them

I really like the sound of the Forte II's so not sure how different the KLF-20's will sound

I'm sure they will sound different but need opinions on this

would this be considered a downgrade compared to the Forte II's ?

Mbajner,

You are probably already aware of the Legend line and their glue problems (10's, 20's, & 30's), so just consider this a reminder. I've bought several pairs of 20's and 10's now for myself and friends. It is rare that I've found a pair that do not need to be re-glued. Most sellers are not even aware of the loose motorboards or backboards. They can also loosen in transit (from being carried, twisted, and temperature changes). This is an easy (and sometimes messy) fix. You can easily find the problem by knocking on the front and back boards with your knuckles. You'll hear the tone change where the glue has seperated.

I just thought I put that reminder out there for you as this sometimes impacts the price [;)]

Someone else can comment on the 20's vs. the Forte's. I will say that I do love my 20's!!!!

take out the drivers, use a heat gun if needed and loosen up the rest of the glue from the inside. you should be able to pry it out easily if 75% of the glue is loose or joint is broken. clean the backside of the motorboard, and the inside of the cabinet where it joins. reapply with liquid nails, gorilla snot, or your favorite glue. let set 24 hours and reinstall drivers. its a fairly easy task, and its not as big a deal as you may think. just because some had the issue most of them did not.