System Help

boomer9911

Well I just read the nightmare posts about the Legend Series and am totally confused as I was going to purchase this complete system.

I'm rebuilding my system(now 2nd thoughts) with an Adcom GTP-750 preamp\tuner and GFA-7500 multi channel amplifier. I "was" looking at getting the Legend series system but now don't think so.

So I'm a tad bit confused about what I should do now. What I have and had was: Adcom GFA-585 Limited Edition powering a set of 93 K-horns (sold the amp, I know..STUPID!), a Adcom GFA-545II(sold the amp) powering the Klipsch KG1 Satelitte Speakers (93)with matching 12" sub (system package by Klipsch). My exwife got my HerseyII's (rear) in the settlement, the.......lovely woman!

I have no centre speaker(yet), was going to get the C7, and am using a Pioneer VSX-9900S Receiver to bridge(kissing this baby goodbye)

Now before I screw myself and part with my horns I need some help and opinions, and would appreciate any assistance offered!

I was going to sell them and get the legend series (KLF30's,C7,RS-3 or SS-1)complete with ksw-12 sub! I was told by my local Dealer that Klipsch doesn't make the KSP-S6 anymore for surround so it was going to be either the RS3 or the SS1.

So now I'm looking at: Adcom GTP-750 and GFA-7500(just wish I hadn't parted with my GFA-585LE), with my K-horns for front(I hope the 7500 will be ok for the horns, any thoughts there?), KG1's rear(UGH)

and no centre or proper sub.

I must admit the horns are hard on apartment living and movin. My plan was to part with them (as my amps) and go with a good home theatre set up without "mass power".I believe the Adcom side of the house is ok, as I also have the GCD-700 and AC-515 Enhancer, but am lost what to do about speakers? I know alot of people would say I'm nuts for parting with my horns and after what I read I may not!!

So my questions:

Is anything they make now a days any good (besides the heritage series)? I may be from Canada but owning Adcom and Klipsch, I've been very happy and want to stay with "North American" made, in a decent $$$ range of course.

Are the synergy or reference systems any good? Are their ksw subs any good?

If I decide to part with my horns what would be a good setup to run with my Adcom? I love Klipsch and want to stay with them.

I keep my Horns, do you think the Adcom7500 is "sufficient" for them(don't listen to the Stones that loud anymore)and what speakers would I get for Surround and Centre?

Sorry about the length of my inquiry but after reading what I did about the Legends

and selling my amps (still kicking myself)I want to do whats right and not screw myself in the process as I already am!

Thanks for reading my plight and appreciate any help!

TJ.

TJ,

Sorry,but can't give you any input on using Adcom.If you are happy with the sound,keep it.

As far as the Horns go,WELL I SAY KEEP THEM!!

I have heard that the RS-3's should work well with the Horns.A Heresy should do for the center,depends on what it might be sitting on.C-7 if the Heresy is too big.

Click on the little house in the bar above to get a look at what I've done.It's the link to our web pages on different BBers posts.

The Heresy I am using for a center is upside down so the tweeter is closer in line with the Horns tweeter.It's modified with a K-Horn sqauwker and AA network to get the mids to perfictly match the Horns.The Heresy was a very good match before,but I can't leave well enough alone.I could not get a La Scala up on my TV,so........

You didn't say what type TV you were using,if tube type the Heresy upside down should get the woffer magnet far enough away from the tube.I used mine under a 27"for a while with no problem.

To sum this up,my system,to everyone how has heard it,sounds great with music and movies.

Don't part with the Klipschorns.

I am not saying nothing else will do,but they are the top end at Klipsch till the Jubilee comes out.

------------------

My Home Theater:

'77 Klipschorn L&R

'75 Heresy center,modified with,K-Horn sqauwker & AA network.

KSP-S6 at sides

2 IW-150s rear.

Denon AVR-3801

2 Denon POA-2800 200X2

1 driving the Horns

1 driving the bi-wired Heresy center.

All speakers set to"large".

2 DIY 12"4ohm subs,one in each corner(behind the Horns false walls)Carver A500x 400 watts per ch.feed.

1 12" powered sub(behind the couch)feed from the surrounds pre-outs.

Sony DVP-C650D.

Music in "Direct"only!

DH Labs T-14 speaker wire to the front 3.

Horns & Heresy bi-wired using Monster XPHP for the bass.

Stinger Queen interconnects.

My thanks to everyone who helped me out on my system and the comments they gave me.

I have decided to ditch the Legend Series idea and keep my Khorns(93), and also, I'm the proud father of triplets! I recently had a deal on a set of Raw Birch La Scala's(00) and C7(00). After some more pricing around I got a better deal with a finished pair of La Scala's(01)and C7(01)& black grills(not till June mind you, special order up here). A perfect match to my Khorns. A Hersey is in the future for rear surround.

As well, I have cancelled the Adcom pre-amp, amp combo idea after reading in the BB groups how quite a few people run their Klipsch setups through good Receivers. I was going to get the Integra DTR-7.1 but for the few extra bucks loved the Marantz SR-18EX, what a machine!

So my power plants will be 2 Marantz MA700's Amplifiers for the Khorns and La Scala's. with the C7 and "future" Hersey all hooked up to a Marantz SR-18EX.

My cd will be the Marantz CC-4000 OSE 5 disk carousel(sold my Adcom GCD-700), with the Marantz DV-4000 DVD Player. I am still going to run my Pioneer CT-W630 cassette and Pioneer GR-777 Graphic Equalizer as well(not a bad set up for it's age). When I can sell them I'll get the Marantz DR-6050 Dual Tray CD Recorder, Addios Tapeos....even though it was fun playing with the equalizer when recording.

My video\tv setup will be a JVC D-series 32" (no pip)and JVC hifi HR-783U vcr(matching JVC RH-32D tv stand). No big screen for a few more years.

and now I'm about to go join the poor line up on the right...*UGH**

A nice dream till June when it's all together and I'm behind bars.

I now have good reason to cut down on social activities such as strip bars and beer for a few months, and my Edmonton Oilers may not make the playoffs so there's more cost savings.

thanks again folks.

*cheers*