KSW12 problems

ironhead1230

I've had a KSW12 for about five years and in the last couple months I've been having some problems. First, the port has come loose. I can loosely pull it out from the box about 1/4." Would it be better to just use clue or some type of silicone sealant to put it back in place? Also is there anything I should check before I seal it back in there?

http://a.domaindlx.com/ironhead187/ksw12/slide003.html

The other problem is the sub makes a buzzing noise that sounds like it is coming from the amp. It is definately not a ground loop hum. It only comes on after the sub has been in use, but it stays on after the sub goes into standby. If I unplug it overnight, when I plug it back in the next day it is silent. The strange thing is that if I press against the amp near the screw in the middle of the amp the sound goes away. I tried tightening that screw, but it seems to be stripped. In the following picture, the screw I am talking about has the red arrow pointing at it.

http://a.domaindlx.com/ironhead187/ksw12/slide005.html

Thanks for any help,

mike

It's pretty obvious what the problem is. The problem is most likely the port rattling since it is comming out of its original spot. The solution to that is just like you said. Just glue it back on, it wont hurt anything aslong as the glue doesn't touch any major parts like the amp or something. The screw might be rattling aswell, but I rally dought that is your problem. Once you glue the port back on it should stop that rattling sound.

Post me back if you fix it.

Hope this helped!!!

I had a pretty similar problem with my KSW-15. The plastic piece that

held the port to the cabinet was ok, but the port tube had broken loose

from the plastic piece.

I would suggest using a good 2-part epoxy. Everything else I tried wouldn't hold for more than a couple days.