Subwoofer equalization with the Velodyne SMS-1 (long)

MrMcGoo

Just wondering if you guys took any before and after pictures when using the sms-1? Still very happy with the results?

After doing testing, in my new room , I have a huge suck out between 35-45hz. 10-15 dbs in fact. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these and maybe some bass traps. The sms sounds great because I don't need to hook up a computer. Yet, it can't apply varying settings to 2 subs. I' ve been thinking about adding another sub to help increase the deep output.

• 3 years later...

Sorry if resurrecting an old thread isn't cool. But I am confused.

Roger, KlipschIndyFan, I finally set up the SMS in the bedroom with the RSW-15. Needless to say your HT is the boss - but I lost a lot of bass after setting it up (all 10 minutes worth). I forget the curves now, but bass came in at about 20-22 Hz.

Well, I am not that impressed. :((

OK, I am probably a bass freak --- more must be better :)) Hey, its what I like on my DVDs. I just used the Outlaw Audio set up instructions - the whole page (didn't even read the Velodyne booklet) - and well, Queen went limp.

How do I get my hard rockers kicking again? Should I just ditch the SMS until the main room can be opened up over the next month or so?

NOLA