Volume level on iGroove

jbanders

I enjoy listening to music as a fall asleep at night. I recently purchased and igroove and am thoroughly impressed with the sound. However, when I listen to the iGroove as I fall asleep, the lowest volume setting before mute is often too loud to fall asleep by. I am checking to find a way to adjust the ipod line out volume, but is there any way to get lower volume levels out of the igroove?

Thanks,

jbanders

• 4 months later...

I am having a somewhat similar issue. I use the iGroove to play my iPod at work (60 GB). When I dock the iPod and turn on the iGroove, the default volume is really quite loud for work...I have to turn it down halfway each time. I am really surprised that the iGroove doesn't remember the volume setting as long as it stays plugged in (even if the power turns off). Should it?

Also, I infer from the previous reply, and from my own observations, that docking the iPod means that the iPod volume controls don't work. It seems to me that this also applies to the "Sound Check" option that normalizes song volumes relative to one another. Is this true, or should the iGroove actually detect this and it is more a problem with my iPod?

I also had some problems when trying to connect the iPod via the headphone jack and the supplied adapter/cradle, but I didn't try for too long. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Thanks,

The Oneiromancer