My Wife thinks I am nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and she is probably correct!

mandi

Well, I will try to post a pic but this is what I have done. I had some heresys sitting being not used much so I decided to set them up on the rear surround channels, but I kept them up front. I have an Academy center and my cornwalls are about 14 feet apart (center of speaker to center of speaker). I have some old cabinets in between the TV and the corns so I up the heresys on top of these laying sideways with the woofers closest to the TV. The AVRCV (pioneer 811S) allows a fixed 7.1 setting that splits some tracks and always sends a little to the rear surrounds. I like the look and it sounds pretty good, these rear surrounds left up front kind of help "fill in the gap" or maybe widen the sound stage. I don't know someone that has better ears come over and tell me what you think. hehehe I just know that so far everyone that has walked through the front door has just shook their head and consolled my wife. The only thing that would make it look better is if...............

I could get Gilbert's Industrial wood cab. Heresys!!;)

mandi -

If it is any consolation[;)], my wife is quite certain we are both nuts (though I don't seem to demonstrate as many of the symptoms as your present array). I think it must be an Arkansas thing.

Try this: whenever my wife really leans in on me and the cost of my hobby, I muse about taking up climbing. With the injury rate and travel/equipment costs so high, it seems to quiet her for at least the time necessary to hook-up that new piece of equipment.

My best!

Ken