Best Bookshelf 5.0 System for $800

reubenray

What can I get for this amount? I want the center, 2 fronts and 2 rears. I am keeping my sub for the time being. This will be used mainly for home theater use and my room is about 16' x 20'. Eventually I will upgrade to a 7.1 system so will need something that is upgradeable.

Reubenray,

Start off small, Get the B3's and the C3 (center) for the front. Try them out . Later get either the

B3 for the rear or try the S3 (surround)......... If you buy from B/B You have a 30 day return Policy!

[:D]

Thanks for the quick response. I am torn between several brands and models. There are few places to listen to any speakers that are completely setup (including BB). Which speaker would I get if I stepped up from the B3 for the fronts? Which is the most important speaker of the bunch. The center, fronts or rears? I may want to spend more for these.

This whole setup is actually upgrade from some floor speakers by Sony and hopefully will last me. I will be keeping my Sony sub for a while longer. I will be retiring in 8 years, so this could be my last system. I need a second system due to Katrina and I have 2 residences.