---

uwnav

sorry if this is a really stupid question, dont have much experience with Klipsch speakers ...'cept that i've heard they whip the rear ends off other systems. But in terms of sound quality how does the iFi compare to the Promeida 2.1? I need something for my computer and IPod.. and I'm not too interested in the little quirks in the iFi system setup for the iPod.. but in terms of raw sound quality.. what'll make the skirts fly?

nAv

The Klispch iFi have a much smoother, lower, less distorted bass with no boom, the midrange is very lifelike and clear compared to the PM 2.1 THX. The high end is bright on the PM 2.1 compared to the Klipsch iFi but I can listen to the iFi system for hours with no audio fatigue. If you have a opportunity visibly check out one system against the other, I think you will find Klipsch iFi is one awesome speaker system!

One more thing the Klipsch iFi amp (class D) runs very cool compared to the amp in the Promedia 2.1!