Still like Jazz on CD?

snilsen13

I'm moving to vinyl - especially for jazz. I'm selling my collection of CDs on ebay right now, a pretty good one too. Individual CDs, this first batch is alphabetical A through H (69 titles), are for auction under the same handle as here: Snilsen13 .... lots of Coltrane, I'm a big fan... Miles Davis, Ornette Coleman and Bill Frisell are also well represented. Frisell gets really nicely recorded incidently.

I know, shameless self promotion. Well, this forum is all cuddly with silly shamelessness, thankfully. Plus these are good discs and they're fairly priced.

Snilsen13

1st jazz crop is finishing up tomorrow night (about half bid on now). 2nd, 3rd and lots of the leftovers will follow. Incidently, I've trimmed the fat on this collection once before, all that's left are CDs I realy didn't think I'd ever part with. So please, take a chance on something, you may be very pleasently surprised.

I too have a fairly large Jazz CD collection however, I play my Jazz LPs 99.9% of the time while at home. The CDs are for the car and sometimes my upstairs system. Some of the SACDs are really fantastic. Art Pepper's "So In Love" and Monk's "Straight, No Chaser" are two that come to mind although I still prefer the LPs.

There's nothing wrong with the CDs. Most sound great and they best rock CDs the majority of the time. There's just something about acoustic jazz on vinyl that can't be beat. I don't think I would sell my CD collection though.

There's nothing wrong with the CDs. Most sound great and they best rock CDs the majority of the time. There's just something about acousticm jazz on vinyl that can't be beat. I don't think I would sell my CD collection though.

My music/stereo spending habits have come to be separated from the family's income. Lately, I've no stipend (finally speeant too mush) so I need to sell stock. I've thought a lot about it and I'm feeling pretty crazy lately for the 1000 LPs and huge *** stereo. I'll undoubtly be trimming down the LPs sometime this year, starting with some psychedelic and indie rock stuff... but none of it is as easy to pass along as the CDs... something about CDs versus vinyl that has nothing to do with sound, is the uniqueness of a record. Everything digital, even an insanely perfect (fictional) 4GHz 200bit recording stored on a Tb sized digital disc will be inferior, becasue it could be replicated.