Sunfire and Klipsch ref

wdrazek

Can you really have 'fast' bass.

Some speakers sound slow and ponderous. Others sound

faster and more dynamic. The slower sounding speakers I've heard

feature more bass extension.

I believe that depends on the Q, its been a while since I last looked so don't beat me up if I am wrong

I have not tested the DTS-20 myself, but my intuition tells me otherwise. Its still single 12", horn loaded or not, there is only so much output you can get out of a 12, and pairing it with larger horn loaded 15" mains seems counterintuitive, at least to me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was at work until 2am last night finishing all the tests on our new 18 PA subwoofers. We have never really got into the professional audio market so Im excited. Its a very interesting sub because its a combination of a PA type of speaker with a home theater type of performance. In short, it will do 2-2.5" throw which is unheard of in a PA speaker yet maintain a 95dB sensitivity and a has BL product of about 27 teslas. We had two of them loaded into a huge 4th order bass reflex and we did a frequency sweep. The -3dB point was at 20hz. I was shocked! This thing easily could hit a 140dB+ in a pretty good sized room and it could handle thousands of watts. When I was testing in a room 30x20 it felt like a car audio system because it was pressuring the room and you could feel the air being pushed in and out of your lunges. We just finished the first 12 drivers yesterday and they will be used in the next Coldplay concertI'm getting tickets! The sub is not for hometheater but its the only thing I could recommend with khorns.. khorns are that freaking loud! Unforuntatly, it only comes in industrial grade texture finish not quite a spitting imagine of an veneered khorn, lol.