Lets talk Power!

GC456

Before we get started I noticed that most of you use Monster Power

products, so let me say that I love their products.... but lets be fair

to the other brands too.

I want a great power filter/protecter. I have been looking at

Monter Power for an hour or so, and I like them. So I did a web

search to find the best price.... well I found this at Amazon.com for only $149.00! It has a 2775 joule rating! I almost bought it on the spot.

But I hesitated because my entire HT system is brushed

alum./silver so the Monster Power would look a little funny with

my system.

Then I ran across this beauty for $310.99. It matchs my system and to my surpise it has 6490 Joules of Surge Protection and 330,000 Amp Maximum Spike Amperage.

Does anyone have a belkin? It really would match my system better and it has over double the protection.

Belkin is a good company, at least when it comes to computer stuff. The Monster stuff is alright a guess. Both my brothers have one. One loves his and the other doesn't. Honestly, I don't really care too much for them.

Me... Personally, I prefer my old and trusted Panamax MAX 1000. It has served me very well over the years and will probably do so for many years to come. I have no intentions of switching it out anytime soon.

Just my 2 cents.

While I purchased my RF-83 and jandr or jandr.com I saw the pf40 before online gave it a ok maybe later and then when I saw it at the store it was impressive. The power cord was .75 inches thick, 13 sockets, the think was beautiful with the blue display. Also the price at jandr in store was 216.... I could not find it on the online store but I am sure if you call in store and ask them to ship it they will... Or we can work something out? I need to pick the rf 83 up next week or so, so I will be at the store.