Heresy does home theater

Def Leper

When I picked up my Heresy speakers, they were the perfect size to replace my old JBL floor speakers in my home theater, so I bought a couple of nice mission-style small tables to bring them up to the right height for the TV and installed them as mains.

Well, you know the drill. Replace something in your system and that triggers an chain reaction that sucks all the $$$$ right out of your wallet. The JBL center and surrounds are so less efficient than the Heresy's that I had to dial in a huge level differential. And frankly, the JBL's just sounded dead against the Klipsch.

Anyway, I took a trip up to the Klipsch dealer to see what he had that would work well with Heresy-1 speakers, and ended up with a nice demo RC-35 and a pair of demo RS-35's at a great price. (Well below what Klipsch is selling refurbs for on ebay.)

I took them home and plugged them in, reset all the relative levels to zero, and shazaam! The new speakers are a great match with the Heresy's efficiency-wise, and just blow the JBL's away in every aspect. The surround channel now sounds much wider and spacious, and center channel dialog has that crisp sound that helps you hear and understand what is being said. Indeed. the JBL center was thin and reedy compared to the Klipsch center, and voices are now much fuller and more natural-sounding.

Good job Klipsch. Amazing that these contemporary speakers integrate so well with 24-year-old Heresy's.