Movie Review...United 93

DaleR

All,

This is a bit off-topic, but the wife and I caught an early matinee of "United 93" today, so I thought I would post my thoughts...

WOW, what a movie! Many folks have said it's too early for a movie like this, but I disagree. Actually, there was a made-for-TV version a while back, and this one really blows it away. I came away with a new appreciation for what those folks did to defy the terrorists. I'd like think that I would have acted the same way, given the situation. I hope I never have to find out. I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone who might want to see it, so I won't go into to too much detail.

This film was incredibly well made. It was shot in a minute-by-minute, "you are there" kind of way. You kind of get the feeling that you are in the room with the air traffic controllers. I mean, we all know how the story ends, but to see the events unfold from the perspective of those involved was very interesting. I read that the script was based on the actual investigation, and it seemed to be very detailed. There are no "big name" actors or actresses, and I was surprised to see that many of the military and FAA personnel inlvolved played themselves in the movie. All the acting was top notch! To top it off, 10% of the box office receipts for this weekend will go toward buidling a monument to the victims.

My parents talk about how they remember exactly what they were doing when they heard that JFK had been shot, and 9-11 will be forever etched in our memories as well. In the end, I guess everyone will have to decide for themselves if they are ready to see this movie. I give it a big "two thumbs up!"

Dale