RF63 vs RF82 Given Center Channel Speaker??

greg0320

Need expert help here.

Since the RF82 was not in yet, I made the mistake of listening to Klipsch RF63 speakers. Excellent!!

Issue is, accordingly to Klipsch, the best match based on same compression drivers (?), RF63 works better with RC64 center channel speaker versus RC62.

The difference in price, and more importantly size, between the two center channel speakers is hugh. The RC64, being 4 6 inch woofer versus RC62 (2) represents a difference in width of 10 inches (23 vs 33).

I would have never considered the RF63 given the price difference between it and the RF82 ($850 per pair). However, this store currently has the RF63 "B" stock
a cosmetic difference which with black speakers I cannot see) at a price of $450 less per pair).

Question is, since I am not really considering jumping to the RC64, does the difference in matching the RC52 with the RF63 regarding sound quality outweigh the cost benefit of purchasing the RF82 with the RC62?

Definitely need help here.

Thanks

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

if cost is the issue go with the RC-62 and RB-62 so you match driver size and and tweeters.

The best way to set up a home theater is to have 5-7 of the identical speakers, or at least match the drivers and tweeter.

For instance my setup runs 7 RC-62's all arround and sounds seamless!

I am contenplating going with the RC-64 for my center just because I like how big it is. So I may have a 2 week old RC-62 for sale cheap

RB62??

Definitely prefer floorstanding versus bookshelf for front speakers.

Listened to RF63 and RC62 today with movie where dialogue is switching front left, right, center (Finding Nemo). I know that these are not supposed to match, but I think anyone would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

When the RF82 comes in this week, I'll listen again. May come down to which front I like the best (RF82 or RF63) since I think that either will actually go with RC62.

Greg