shielding on a C-3?

paradigmxp

I recently received about half of my order of Klipsch speakers (got the front half, the back is on, well, back order). They are the Synergy F-3 system. I'm loving them except for one thing. The C-3 is great, but is causing magnetic distortion on the TV. I have a 30" Insignia HDTV (yeah, if you can't tell, I work at BBY). I had to raise the C-3 ~6-8" before the magnetic distortion stopped occuring. Should I have expected this? According to the product description, both woofers and the tweeter are magnetically shielded.

Yeah, I know, buy a DLP or LCD TV/projector but that is not really an option. I love the sound out of the box - haven't had time to do any tweaking to make it "perfect." It just looks kind of tacky to have my nice C-3 sitting on a stack of books to raise it high enough to get rid of the distortion.

Do I have unrealistic expectations of the magnetic shielding or might something else be wrong? Thanks!

sometimes sliding it forward or backward will help.

You do understand they the speakers are not 'shielded' as one might think?

THere is no copper or metal foil lining in the cabinet, there is a second magnet affixed to the speaker magnet structure so as to effectively 'cancel' any magnetic field. There might be a point at which this null field does not disturb your television set without changing the distance as you are doing. Experiment.

Michael