Denon 3806 Vs. 2807

Gold Deez

I recently purchased the 3806 a little over a month ago. It's an awesome receiver no problems at all. I just read this on the Denon website about how the 2807 won best something or other at CES and they stated this...

"So why all the excitement over the AVR-2807? Consider Denon's $1,300 AVR-3806. It's a great receiver, but the somewhat half-baked HDMI capabilities--analog video sources and the onscreen display are limited to 480i resolution via the HDMI output--limits usefulness on many HDTVs and monitors."

What do they exactly mean by this? I recently just purchased the Sony 60 inch SXRD also. Reading what was on the Denon website has got me wondering if I should of went with the 2807 instead of the 3806. I bought it at Ultimate Electronics and it's been 37 days so they might not let me exchange it. What I'm wondering is what exactaly is the difference between these two receivers? Is the cheaper 2807 better than the more exspencive 3806? Any help is greatly appreciated...

Just an FYI. If you are thinking of purchasing the 2807 for HDMI capabilities, you may want to check out www.avsforum.com website. They have a "unofficial 2807 forum" over there with all kinds of HDMI issues using cable boxes, and sats. I am not sure what it all means, but you may want to check into it if you have not seen that site.