LS PA stack

From Little Rock Ark.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7420848365&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

A pair of LSI's with extra bass bins. Plain black models but they are industrials so should have the 200 watt K43 woofers. Adding the extra bass bins helps out with power handling so they keep up with the HF section better, and the extra 2' puts the horns at 4-5' in height.

I generally consider $250 per box a good price for LSI's, and this set is the equivalent of 6 boxes so the $1500 BIN isn't far from a pretty good deal if everything is in working order.

I'm not affiliated yadda yadda yadda

M

From Little Rock Ark.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7420848365&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

A pair of LSI's with extra bass bins. Plain black models but they are industrials so should have the 200 watt K43 woofers. Adding the extra bass bins helps out with power handling so they keep up with the HF section better, and the extra 2' puts the horns at 4-5' in height.

I generally consider $250 per box a good price for LSI's, and this set is the equivalent of 6 boxes so the $1500 BIN isn't far from a pretty good deal if everything is in working order.

M

"These were owned by an older man that did school dances for a number of years. They were never really pushed and they sound perfect. He replaced the tweeters in them with super tweeters because "he wanted more high end than the LaScallas were giving him." That is the only modification at all to the original speakers."

With the original tweets, this would be a nice rig to have sanded down to bare wood and refinished in a nice wood-grain with some bullet-proof epoxy. I'd then use them for weddings where they might look a little better than my LSI-BG double stacks. I'll be looking to strip my EAW FR-253's and SB-180's and give them a more natural finish, for just such gigs. Of course, I'll need some padded covers to keep 'em purty....

BG is great, but can look a little intense..... [;)]

I agree, the price is pretty good because they're all Industrial. I paid $500 a box for mine, back when they were (almost) new rental units.

Anyone remember what the original list prices were on these things?

I like the thought Bill, but from a wedding photographer's standpoint, black with no logo's or metal trim is best. I don't know how many times I've had to crop out Peavy, Mackie, EV and other logos from wedding photos- the speakers are usually on the corner of the dance floor and seem to appear in way too many photos of toasts and dancing.

Glossy finished wood colored speakers would be equally out of place, from an elegance and design standpoint.

The pebble black finish also seems to absorb light, so there's no bright 'flash' of reflection off of them. So my vote would be for basic black, no trim.

Michael

I like the thought Bill, but from a wedding photographer's standpoint, black with no logo's or metal trim is best. I don't know how many times I've had to crop out Peavy, Mackie, EV and other logos from wedding photos- the speakers are usually on the corner of the dance floor and seem to appear in way too many photos of toasts and dancing.

Glossy finished wood colored speakers would be equally out of place, from an elegance and design standpoint.

The pebble black finish also seems to absorb light, so there's no bright 'flash' of reflection off of them. So my vote would be for basic black, no trim.

Michael

I'll leave my LSI's as-is. Maybe get another four bass-bins so I have four stacks of 2 LF's and 1 HF. But I'd stick with the BG. But as much as I love the LSI's they now seem too "industrial" and "cold" for a wedding. So maybe I'll agree with you a little bit.....

Enter the idea of bringing a more natural look to the equipment.

I will most likely try this with my EAW rig; SB-180's topped with FR-253's. The motorboards, horn, 2x7", 2x15" and 1x18" drivers will remain black, covered by black perforated metal. There are no logos visible. From the front, only the 3/4" perimeter and the area surrounding the horn would be stained wood. The sides and back would also be stained. The stained wood, IMHO, would better compliment the dancefloor and architectural wood trim in many rooms. I'd also replace my consoles and amp cases in matching wood.

Rosewood will be nice. [;)]

From Little Rock Ark.

M

Michael,

What do you think of this idea

If the slow boat to China doesnt work out,then I might just start cuttin' to fit the Altecs and stack everything on top of the bass bins I got from you AND use my integrator from my BagEnd system to boost that roll off of them bins.They would see a 12db per octive gain starting at 70 hz and below!!!!Can those pro woofs handle that,the bins are a sealed enclosure with that type of roll off or does the horn configuration change all that?

Just an idea.

Greg