How to mount a RC-62 on wall ?

disco1999

How to mount solidly a RC-62 on wall ? what is that single bolt for ..

I have gyproc on vertical studs every 16"

I am looking forward to install the RC-62 just underneath my Pionneer plasma

I don't want to have an ugly tv shelf or something like that

seeing just the speaker on the wall would be great

this is my 1st home theatre

also, the salesperson sold me a MonsterBass300 cable how do you connect it

to a Denon 2805 ?? I am a little confused here

the single bolt I believe is for a peg that raises or lowers the center channel to angle it towards you and is not meant to be a mount. I think the best thing then an ugly bookself would be to get two bookshelf "L" shaped steel mounts (not the l brackets for bookshelves as they need to be placed a certain direction and you can see them. The L shaped usually a shiny metal for corners and so. Get that like 3-4 inches long, paint them black or whatever, mount to the wall the opposite direction you would for bookshelves, thus hiding the bracket. add felt or something to prevent scratching, and place rc 62 on. Also make sure they are properly secure to the wall braces.... It should make it appear floating without a bookshelf look.

Any other options for setting up an RC-62? I originally bought a shelve that would sit right on top of the HDTV, but after reading that it would put a lot of force on top of the HDTV, and seing that it is both small and not very stable on top of the HDTV, I'm looking at other options. Is there something that you can slide over the HDTV, (that is not necessarily sitting right on top of the HDTV set), that can withstand the 32 lbs of the RC-62?

Which sub are you using? If it is a powered sub:

For the connection on the Denon 2805 plug the cable into the PRE OUT labled subwoofer. The other end plug into LFE input, or line input on the Sub. Some Monster cables have a set of arrows at one end of the cable (signal flow). Monster says they should go with arrows pointing to the sub. Again, there are varying opinions on this.

If your Sub has it's own crossover adjustment, disable it or max it out and use the Denon to crossover.

For the shelves, 4 inches is definitely not deep enough as the speaker is 1 feet deep but thanks for the hints, I'll go to the hardware store and consider 2 or 3 pieces depending on strengh of them

I'm using the RW-12 should I use the speaker to do this adjustment ?