Cabinet volume in CF-4?

whosdman

Is the cabinet volume in the revision 1 of the CF-4 the same as the cabinet volume in the revision 3? Meaning; can I retro fit the better drivers, network, and ports from a damaged revision 1 cabinet to a good revision 3 cabinet and produce the right sound?

Sorry to say, But you can't get the version 1 CF-4 12" drivers any more. Klipsch does not make any replacement woofers for the CF-4's which really sucks! We are S.O.L! Good luck! Also There are CF-4's on ebay right now !

• 1 month later...

marems,

Not looking to buy new drivers. I have a set of revision 1 CF-4's that have damaged cabinets. I also have 2 sets of revision 3's that are in great codition. Because the revision 1's are supposed to be so much better, I was wandering if I could remove the drivers, networks, and ports from the revision 1's and fit them in a revision 3 cabinet and produce the proper sound. I know that the drivers fit, but would they be acostically correct? I never heard the revision 1's before they were damaged in shipping, so my ears are not a good enough instrument to tell. I was just looking for a conformation that the cabinets, unlike the drivers, did not change through the different revisions.

Well, do the cabinets have the same deminsions? if so it would most likely work. Thats great that you have the version 1 parts! You will love the sound! I lost the upgrade speaker bug after I got the CF-4's! What are you going to do with the version 2 componets? Good Luck! Keep us an update on your progress.