Connections with Hope, Ark. factory a PLUS!

PenthouseKev

I just got home from a trip my son and I took to Hope, Arkansas. I drove an hour and a half to purchase my 4.1's from a friend and band mate whose wife works at the Klipsch factory part-time. Said band mate lives next door to Paul Klipsch himself, which is way too cool, he walks his dog by his house quite often and always spoke cordially according to him (said band mate).Anyway, I got my 4.1's through my friend who played the middle man in this transaction. These are totally reconditioned promedia speakers. All of the "bugs" that I have read about that people have had have been fixed in these, supposedly! I rushed into the house and desperately and uncarefully disconnected my other four poor excuse for PC speakers, threw them in the middle of the floor, and like a kid at Christmas opened the box that I had longed to open for oh so many hours. There they were, oh what a wonderful site they were! Even more so; what a SOUND they produced! Now remember, I am not a home sound system expert, I listen and learn from people who are though. What I do know is how music should sound, I have top of the line stage sound equipment in both ears every weekend. Thanks to Lone Palm and said band mate who I play music with every weekend, I got a set of Promedia 4.1's at a ridiculous price! So ridiculous I won't even mention how much. These things pump gas baby! I commend Paul Klipsch and his engineers for his work in the industry. If anyone has tips on how to get the utmost from them please reply.

------------------

PHKev

Maybe you can give us Paul's e-mail address and we can share with him what pieces of SH*T they are selling to the rest of the public. I am glad you got a good set, I just wish many of us were as fortunate. Sorry for sounding so bitter, but I have been without speakers for a good portion of the last 3 months while these pieces of crap keep blowing.

• 3 weeks later...

dmaff, I can respect your opinion. I have had bad luck in the past with different types of products. So far, knock on wood, I have really enjoyed my 4.1's. They may blow in the future but for now they are juicin' perfectly. I just "HOPE" they will keep on keepin' on. If not then I can post a message similar to yours. And believe me, if they go, I can personally drop by Paul's house and leave feedback on them, though I don't know him personally! Thanks for your honest reply.

------------------

PHKev