For Sale: Klipsch Cornwall II Vertical horns Great for center channel

Hello Guys!

Long time no post. I got "promoted" to the day shift lead postiion at my job and lost my internet posting time. [:)]

A couple of months ago I posted about my Shorthorn and Vetical Cornwall II find. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/722604.aspx

My family is moving in less than two weeks to a new home and I'm having to sell some of my gear.

This Cornwall is in very good cosmetic condtion and excellent working order. It is an original Cornwall with plywood construction and walnut wood veneer. However it has the II designation, being that it has the vertical mounted tweeter and squawker horns. This allows it to be a great center channel speaker on its sides. I'm asking $600 for the speaker plus shipping (I'm open to reasonable offers). Not much more costly than the infeior (though more WAF) Academy center.

The speaker is in beautiful, though not perfect cosmetic condtion. There are a very few small scratches and nicks that have to be looked for. The cane grill has a couple of loose strands here and there, that could be easily repaired I think. Local pickup is very welcome in Albuqueque, NM, or I can pack it in a brand new 40x30x30 TRIPPLE walled box with foam plating all around the speaker for $160 insured to the lower 48 states. I've shipped hundreds of vintage gear through my eBay ID Retrohub, so rest assured I'll pack this speaker extremely well. The bottom riser will be unscrewed and boxed seperately.

If you follow this link, you'll be able to see 12 very high resolution pictures (please note that the color of the wood and grills is somewhat in between what's depicted in the pictures with and without the flashes): http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1714178

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Take care and best wishes - David in Albuquerque.

I'm having trouble following your post.

I am infering that at one point there were both a Shorthorn and a Vetical Cornwall. Your current thread uses Cornwalls in plural form. So are you considering the shorthorn a cornwall, and the price of 600 bucks for both as well as the shipping for both being 160? Or, are we talking about one vertical cornwall, no plural?

I'd have to say that Cornwall is in magnificent condition. I wouldn't blame you if you were asking $600 for the single. The wood grain is remarkable and it's quite obvious they have been very well cared for.

It'd almost be a sin to lie that on its long side and hide that beautiful woodwork.

Good luck on the sale and the move.

Thanks Mike,

Yes the grain pattern is beautifull. The good thing about turning them horizontal, is that more grain then shows from their "sides". Thanks for the good wishes on the move. I'm not looking foward to it. I'll post some pictures of my new Khorn setup after I move in. I have one good corner and a corner with an 18"jut out of wall. I'll be making a false wall in the near future.