FS: PARASOUND HALO C1 PROCESSOR - $3,400.00 OBO !

mmiles

One of the finest processor values in home theater.

I'm the original owner (purchased 11/19/04 from authorized dealer) of this fine piece of equipment.

The reason for selling is I've got my eye on the THETA DIGITAL CASABLANCA III with Extreme DACs. Call me crazy...

If you have any questions just email me at mmiles@icrinc.net and check out my Audiogon feedback (username = mmiles).

S&H and PayPal are FREE!

Here are some reviewer comments from the Parasound web site.

http://www.parasound.com/halonew/reviews.php

I'll post pic later this week. The unit is in a rack, on a shelf NOT rack ears, so not to scratch or mar the case.

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Mike

I also have a C1 and I like it alot.

Have you checked out the new Halcro SSP100? It's designed to sound it's best with digital inputs. There is a review on it in the magazine, the absolute sound. WWW.theabsolutesound.com I havn't looked at their web site to see if you can read the artical on line, but here is a link to the magazine. The reviewer said, " It delievers the best digital sound I have heard from any controler, at any price. The price is $9,990.00

I think that it has some programable channels like the C1. I use two of those channels for front effect channels.

Q the HALCRO is very buggy but getting better.

The magazines get a chance to get things fixed fast and get replacements or new software in an instant. Plus the HALCRO 2 channel line "DM" series is some of the best sounding and built stuff on the planet so they get the nod so to speak.

Regards,

Mike

BUGS!

That's one thing I hate about audio these days. These new processors arn't pre-amps anymore, they are computers. I had to wait for the C1 to come out with the pro logic IIX update before buying it, because I didn't want to have to upload it. Now you need to have a lap top computer so it's easier to up load fixes and up dates for your audio gear.

Why can't they test drive the software before selling it?

I just bought a new cabinet drawing program for work that cost $12,000.00 and it too is buggy. Talk about being pissed off.