Qucik trip to Cornman's House

jbsl

Sat went over to Cornman's house cause he wanted to hear some tube gear.

I want to thank Cornman for having me over!

I also want to thank him VERY MUCH for fixing my trucks A/C!! I mentioned my A/C was not working and he had it fixed in 30 minutes, just needed Freon.

After driving around with no A/C over the most of the summer I really apreciate it, Thank You!!!

Went over to Cornman's house cause he wanted to hear some tube gear.

I took my Ground Grid tube preamp and my cayin TA 30 int tube amp over and hooked them up to his Cornwalls.

The Cornwalls had a really nice sound to them with the GG and Cayin. He played some of his jazz tracks and liked what the tubes can do with Cornwalls.

It was about that time that he unexpectedly had to go handle a situation at work.

So he at least got a taste of what a very good tube preamp with a good tube amp would sound like with his Cornwalls.

So we are going to try it again some weekend in the future. Maybe get somemore Klipschheads from Austin in on it also.

The size of Cornman's living room made me realize how that can help the overall sound. I'm guessing his living room is 25 wide and his couch is 15-20 back. It really gives the Cornwalls room to sing!!

I have a small living room and my La Scalas very quickly can overpower the room. My LS never have had a chance to sound their best because of the small living room.

VRDs or the AH!Super Tjoeb will improve the sound of my system but a bigger living room will probably give me the biggest impact or upgrade on the sound.

Thanks again Cornman!!