8GB iPod Nano won't fit with dock adaptor

td_fan

I just purchased the iGroove for my wife to use with her 8GB iPod Nano. The 8 GB Nano is one of the 2nd generation Nano's that Apple just introduced.

The Nano does not fit when using the adaptor. The alignment is off just enough that it won't go into the dock. I had purchased a JBL Soundstage iPod speaker system (ugh did that sound awful!) and had the same exact problem. It seems like Apple changed the dimenions a touch with the 2nd generation nanos??

Has anybody else experienced this?

With no adaptors and the nano in its protective case, it docks well with support from the back. It sounds incredible - way better than the Bose sounddock or any other iPod speaker/dock product that I've listened to. However, I would like to be able to dock it properly.

Is Klipsch working this issue?

Thanks!
Rich

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

So as to make you feel not so alone, I too have just encountered the IGroove/ 8GB adaptor problem. My post is one month later than yours. Have you been able to resolve it?

Thanks

George

I got a response to the second message I sent to support. As you can see I received no response here. I'm not sure why - not many people using 2nd gen iPod nanos that use the iGroove?

Anyway, I was told it would be a couple of months before they had the new adaptor available. Since in the past they made them available to iGroove users (or other iPod speaker systems) for free, I would assume it will be the same case here.

I'm going to wait until after the holidays and ping them again.

Yes, of course that will work, and that is what I am doing. The problem is that without the adapter the iPod is not supported so you have to be careful that you don't bend the dock connector. Without the adapter, you can easily damage either your iPod or the iGroove by pushing the iPod buttons without supporting the iPod. The adaptor serves more than just a cosmetic need.

If I couldn't have used it at all, I would have returned it right after I bought it.

• Moderators

You can always play it through the aux input, also. The adaptor should be available very soon. We really had to scramble to adjust to the change Apple made.

Sorry for the late response, I don't always see every thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Amy -

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure Apple sent you guys for a loop on this one.

How will we know that the new adaptor is available? Yes, the aux input is an option, but then the ipod won't charge. And it's not as elegant as docking it properly. For now, it is acceptable to me to have it in the dock while still in its case to provide support. More importantly, my wife finds it acceptable for now :-).

Happy Holidays!!

Rich

Got my new adaptor this afternoon. Talk about fast service - it was sent out yesterday!!

Thanks Amy for getting this out so quickly. You guys at Klipsch are great - thanks so much! Nice recovery from the curve ball thrown to you by Apple when they changed the Nano dimensions.

My wife is now happy that her iPod docks securely and neatly in the iGroove. And of course it continues to amaze people that come to visit our house - "how does such large sound come out of that" is what they ask.

I am now 100% satisfied!

Rich

Amy

I'm the owner of an 8GB Nano and would really like to buy an iGroove here in UK but the fact that you seem to have trouble supplying the adaptors (especially in the UK) is putting me off getting and iGroove. Could you confirm what the availability of the proper adaptors is in the UK before I commit myself to buying your product and recommending it to my friends.

Best wishes

George