Does Klipsch include Y-Adapters with their Subwoofers?

DCGolfer

Hi.

I'm not sure of my model number number, but I have a relatively new Klipsch subwoofer. I thought these units came with Y-adapters for the L/R, but I don't see one in the box. THe owner's manual is generic and not helpful.

Any ideas out there? Also, if I have a Denon 2807, should I be plugging in the LFE input, or go with the RCA L/R inputs?

Thanks.

So if I took a red/white RCA cable, pulled the red and white cables apart and used one of them as "subwoofer" cable, would that suffice? Or do I really need to have a thicker gauge cable?

What exactly is the difference between subwoofer cable, digital audio cable and the RCA cable that comes standard with your basic audio/video device?

Thanks.

You don't even need to pull them apart - unless you have another use for the other RCA cable.

There really is no difference between the different types of cable - they just give them different names so they can charge more money. But as I mentioned eariler - you'll often find that "subwoofer" cables will have a better shield - which is why they are so much thicker. For now you can just use one side of your basic RCA cable and if it works, then no need to consider anything else.

So if I took a red/white RCA cable, pulled the red and white cables apart and used one of them as "subwoofer" cable, would that suffice? Or do I really need to have a thicker gauge cable?

What exactly is the difference between subwoofer cable, digital audio cable and the RCA cable that comes standard with your basic audio/video device?

Thanks.

As long as shielding is proper,yes it would go just fine.

Thicker like DrWho said = better shielding.So yes the better the shield the less interferance you have.This is a plus

Subwoofer cale is a well shielded low loss interconnect,nothing special. Some are overpriced(I will not name names here).

Digital audio cables,again a well shielded cable.Nothing fancy in needed.

Standard cables as you call them ,have often poor shielding.The higher the quality the better the shielding and core wire quality(purity,often single core or stranded ).Higher quality wires are also more flexible,this is not a rule.As some using thicker mono core wire are quite stiff(mostly due to outer insulation,shielding).

Just make sure cables you buy are well shielded,as paying for brand names can be paying 90% extra for hoopla and hype.

• 2 weeks later...