Is this a decent sub?

Dawgheadus

A friend of a friend has a used Infinity SSW-212 active subwoofer for sale. This Sub has two 12" Subwoofers powered by a 300 watt amp. I was told that can this sub can be passed at 30hz with good bit of output. The guy who owns this sub has all highend equipment (Wilson audio, Krell and others), so I would think that he's knowedgelable about HIFI equipment. This sub was made for audiofiles, and the guy says it's like new and works perfect. Do any of you know if this sub will be a nice addition to my 7s? Have any of you ever listen this sub? What is this sub worth used? I think it sold for around $1600 new.

Thanks for any input, JJ cwm30.gif

------------------

Klipsch RF-7

Sonic Frontiers power 1

Antique Sound Labs Passive Ti

CD mod Stan Warren of Super Mods

Blue Circle innterconnections & bi-wire speaker cable

yeah, that's the ticket, have him set up comparisons of the sub on his system, that way you can isolate the sound of the Infinity sub versus the others - you will at least know how it compares and why he is selling it (it is not as powerful or goes as deep as the ones he is keeping - I guarantee it.)

If you have never had a sub and you take this one home to try it, you will love it and not want to shop around for others ...

$.02

Thanks for the input. What's this sub worth? The guy wants $395 obo for it. That sounds a little high to me. cwm6.gif What do ya'll think?

Thanks, JJ

------------------

Klipsch RF-7

Sonic Frontiers power 1

Antique Sound Labs Passive Ti

CD mod Stan Warren of Super Mods

Blue Circle innterconnections & bi-wire speaker cable