What center/rear speakers to match to KG4 mains?

nomathjobs

Hello

I just joined the forum and I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

First - a bit about me. I'm in my early 40s and still use the same set of KG4 speakers I bought when I was a pup (well, actually, about 17 or so). Bought them brand spanking new. They are the only speakers I've owned to date.

I recently got the home theater bug, so I bought a used Lexicon CP-2 from eBay to decode the rest of the 5.1 channels. I'm looking for some suggestions as to what would be a good match for center and rear speakrs for use with the KG4 mains. A brief list of the rest of the system may help?

Preamp: I built it. Line level w/otional boost based on an LM383 (if memory serves, yeah - I did it a long time ago)

Amps: Mains and center: Dynaco Mk III (three of them). Rear: Dynaco Stereo 70. Sub: AudioSource 15" powered.

Crossover: Heathkit AD-1702 (that I built when in high school).

I don't really know what else is important to know. Like I said, I'm a newbie to the forums and to home theater.

Thanks in advance,

doug

I found a pair of KG-4's about a month ago, bought them for my wife. We had a pair about 10 years ago and sold them, had to add these to my collection. I listened to them for about 2 weeks in between my RC-64 and that actually sounded good.

I would suggest either an RC-62 or 52, depending on how much room you have for it, if it's going in a cabinet. The RC-52 should be fine. With either, the RS-42 should be fine as surrounds. RW-12 sub.

Even the C-2 and S-2 from the Synergy series would be a good match.