FS: PENTA-LABS KT-88SC (Low Current/Bias) MATCHED QUAD

WPM

I am selling a matched quad of Penta-Labs KT-88SC tubes. I purchased them from Doug's tubes about two months ago, and they have from between 40-50 hours use on them, perhaps less. These are great sounding tubes, but for my needs and listening taste I am going to stick with 6550s. These tubes were hand selected by Doug, and offer low current draw for use in amps such as my Quicksilver Audio Horn Monos, and other amps that require less than normal current draw.

I am asking $100.00 for the quad, and this includes insured Priority shipping to anywhere within the continental USA. Paypal or money order gladly accepted. Please send me a private e-mail if you are interested or would like to see see some pics. Alternatively, pics and great info about them is at the Penta-Labs website. Thanks.

William

Larry,

I knew I had to act fast [:P] Hey when you sending that other Mark III up for repair? If money's tight don't worry you can pay me later. I trust you buddy!

Craig

Craig,I got the same question from Mark.At least the Blueberry is already boxed up. I'll see if I can box up the other MKIII today. The one you shipped back is working GREAT! I'm finally able to listen to all three Cornwall's at once.Though the MKIV is running the third for now.

Larry

I already have owned a number of these tubes. Which is the reason I quickly grabbed another set for a deal. I think they sound great. But I also think just about all the Shuguang factory made tubes do. With a Citation II though you will be running them very hard if biased to original factory HK spec. In my opinion I would suggest you flip for a set of Valve Art KT100 for your Citation it can really take the extra heat in comparison. Read all the recent KT88 threads here and try not to get bogged down by Hearsay and out dated information posted by some folks. With the Citation II I suggest you ask Jim McShane I'm sure he would has some advise for you. Although I think he may have a bias against Chinese made tubes from years back when they had many reliability issues.

Craig

I have been reading a lot of buzz about KT-88's recently and wanted to change things up a bit. I have a quad of S.E.D.'s in there now and I never bias them per the citation spec. I bias them down a bit. I've rebuilt several Cit II's with Jimmy's kits with great sounding success. Fortunately, I'm lucky enough to know Jimmy personally and yes.... he is a bit biased (no pun intended) when it comes to the Chinese tubes. I know what he'll tell me if I ask him about the KT-88sc's. I think that's why he doesn't carry them. Anyway, I'm looking for tube with a little "sweeter" midrange and without good KT-90's that Jimmy likes so much in production, I don't know where to look. Any other ideas are welcome.

-Bill

I wouldn't hessitate in trying the KT88SC if you turn the bias down a bit. Heck I believe Jimmy advises to turn it down with the EI KT90's even. Give Doug at www.dougstubes.com a call and tell him I sent you. He burn's them in and does a great matching job afterward's. I mean his tubes are scary close in all respects, GM and Current. Plus he stand behind them like a rock.

Craig