center channel question

JZ5

I recently added the SC-1 to my system. I've been without a center for some time now, so I'm used to all sound coming from the two front mains (KSF 8.5s). My question is, now that I have a center, the sound is not nearly as full as it was before. Sure, I can hear the dialogue much better, but the sound now lacks the fullness or depth it had before. I'm looking for suggestions on speaker levels, placement etc... Sounds kind of strange, but I think my system sounded better without the center. Suggestions..coments..??

sytem:

Denon AVR 2801

Fronts KLF 8.5s

Rears KLF 8.5s

Center SC-1

TV Sony Wega 36"

I had the same problem untill I added a sub. Pulling the center infromation away from the mains removes information from that path--I noticed it affected the bass more than anything else. I have everything set to large, LFE set to "both" and BAM!

I really love the floorstanding speakers for the rears, for me there's no substitution. Let me know if this helps.

Also check your base managment setting--mine goes from -10 to 0 for digital sources & -10 to +10 for DTS signals.