Ya can't keep a good sub down ... or maybe ya just push the stuff til it is gone

Colin

Got my big dream system catalog for Christmas from Sound Advice today with the dual copper-colored Klipsch cones gracing the cover and $70K Martin Logan electrostatic Statements (with eight 12-inch speakers in a pair of sub-woofer towers) on the inside page, when I noticed that a familiar looking black cube was on sale again for $649 despite its supposed demise and production run difficulties!

Yes, folks, there it was again, the ubiquitous LF10 sub-woofer, 50% off, discontinued last year and sold on Ubid.com for less than $500; yet still in Sound Advice stores for Christmas and paired up against one of the most popular sub-woofers, the Velodyne HGS10, at more than twice the LF10 cost.

"Ain't this America. Little pink houses, for you and for me."

------------------

Cornwalls & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

This message has been edited by Colin on 12-01-2001 at 04:08 PM

colin, I also got the ad... 70k speakers, auhahhghh simpson>...and in fact I was in Sound Advice today. I did see one of the LF10s there and demoed it in one of there rooms. It was alright but literally nothing earth shaking. I also got to listen to the rf7s for the first time....sounded great. I really wish they would've had them hooked up to an amp or something b/c I knew they weren't really playing the things to their potential.

this spring I posted a notice that Sound Advice in So. Florida was receiving 500 of the units, at the time I thought they would clear them out at $549, so this may be the remains of that shipment, I do not know, at $549 I would think they would all be gone by now -

I do own one of the units, I do like it, I got it for $450 off of Ubid and it was an openned box, which makes me think that Klipsch tested it first, or so I hope, I have no problems, but my music listening averages 70s to 80s dB, I like to think that it compares to subs costing a lot more, if I had to do it all over again, I would certainly put its specs (and the possibility of failure) up against other subs ...