Rf-10, F-2 or F-3: please help me.

anto63

Hi guys, this is my first thread in this forum!

I'm looking for klipsch florstanding speakers for my Ht system. Take in mind it's only a little joke: I bought a refurnished infocus in72 and now I need amplifier and speakers.

I've got a low budget, so I decided to buy used item. I live in Italy but I can buy from ebay Germany.

I think:

Denon avr 2105 (or 1803 or 1705) The first I can get.

Floorstanding speaker: I found this good items

rf -10 euro 349

f-2 euro 369

f-3 euro 380

Jamo E875 euro 379

I'd like to buy klipsch speakers ( I love my promedia 5.1), But I can't listen all these models, So, please, may you help me?

I think later, I'll buy a center speaker like a Rc 25 ( if I get rf-10) or a c2 (c3) for F-2(F3).

This is only for my favourite movies, because for listening music I've got my old sistem: Two tubes mono-amplifiers A class, built by a friend of mine ( Bartolomeao Aloia project) with two Martin Logan hybrid speakers

Thanks

Anto63.

Of these choices, I would say the F3.  The system will have better bass output than the RF10, and i prefer the F3 to the F2 because it presents a more open three dimensional soundstage.  The F3 is a very underrated speaker, and is an exceptional value at its price point.  It does a really good job in HT applications.  

btw, have you noticed how much we look alike? 

Of these choices, I would say the F3. The system will have better bass output than the RF10, and i prefer the F3 to the F2 because it presents a more open three dimensional soundstage. The F3 is a very underrated speaker, and is an exceptional value at its price point. It does a really good job in HT applications.

I have to agree - spend the few extra euros and get the F3. They are basically the old RF-3 II's (which are a surperior speaker to the RF-10s by a long shot). They are an excellent value for the price. I honostly think you are getting Reference quality at Synergy prices with the F-3s. To do better, you have to go to the higher end Reference speakers, such as the RF-62s.

Not familier with the Jamo model, though. Jamo does not seem to be widely available in the US (at least I've never seen any around here in Eastern/Central Virginia)

Thank to all for these answers.

I understand that my first choice ( if I could get at this price) is F-3

And what about F-2 vs RF-10

I think that a 6.5" woofer is better than a 4.5" one.

I read that F-2 is a bass reflex via front-firing port ( as F-3 too) , Rf-10 is a bass reflex via rear-firing port: I suppose this is more difficult to positione it

But, what about sound? How do these speakers play?

My room is 16"x13" feet wide

Anto

If this is for theatre, buy the best center speaker you can afford, even if you have to wait a little longer. The center carries most of the sound.

Yes- what he said. I like the F2 with the C3 for that purpose. Or the F3 is a step up if you do a lot of 2ch listening as well- nice to have a full-ranged speaker for L+R.