Connecting ProMedia 5.1 to SONY STR-DG500 Multi Channel AV Receiver

AFC323

Connecting ProMedia 5.1 to SONY STR-DG500 Multi Channel AV Receiver

I have been using a ProMedia 5.1 Speaker System (PM5.1) with a Sound Blaster Audigy PCI card installed in my PC for some time and have gotten attached to the sound. I recently purchased a SONY STR-DG500 AV receiver and have been working on connecting the PM5.1 speaker system to it. The LF-RF, CENTER and SL-SR speakers installed directly to the A/V receiver speaker terminals and work great. The question I have is with the sub-woofer interface. The AV receiver sub-woofer output rating is 1V/1K, and when connected to the MIC IN terminal of the SB Audigy card it works quite well. I would like to get some type of pre-amplifer that will provide the necessary interface between the PM5.1 and AV receiver to eliminate the SB Audigy computer interface. I have not been able to find the PM5.1 audio input specification to see what type of amplifier is needed to match the input/output impediance and gain. Any suggestions??