Help Developing Home Theater System

splais

Here is my situation. I have a room that is a rectangular shape with the TV being located diagonally in one corner. Because of the design and layout I cannot install a full surround sound system (take my word for it), no way to run cables. I want to install a system with front and side speakers only. I want to spend $2500 or less on the entire system.

I will be using it primarily for TV and watching DVD's; music is a minor side use. The TV is a 50" Samsung Plasma. I currently have a Mitsubishi Receiver with a separate aftermarket low end DVD player.

I want to use a Klepsch speaker system so what I'm looking for is a suggested side, center & base unit with a recommended Receiver unit that has AM/FM/CD/DVD cabability. Please let me know if I haven't given you enough info. In the attached picture, the dining area if out of the picture to the left.

post-25151-1381931836666_thumb.jpg

Maybe, I just don't want to go crazy on the cost or features. If my current Receiver will not work with the Klepsch sytem I may have to get a new one. I want to get the best sounding sytem I can get for a reasonable amount of money and basic features of TV, CD/DVD playing, and listening to radio. A lot of fancy features and music/video storage cabability is not desired. I want to get good speakers with possibly a new adequate receiver. Does this help.

maybe this will help (please don't flog me to badly). I was thinking about about a Bose 3-2-1 system; but no matter how good or bad it sounded I couldn't stand those tiny, tiny side speakers.

Let me rephrase - is the $2500 delegated to just the speakers? You mentioned "whole system" so I wasn't sure if that meant a DVD player, receiver, CD player, etc...

I would recommend something like the F3's for mains, maybe a pair of Sub-12 subwoofers and F1's or maybe bookshelves for the sides. You might even consider just going with a 2-channel system with a pair of RF-82's. If the used market is an option, the heritage series is a great way to go (with much bigger speakers) [;)]

Generally speaking, the sub is going to make one of the bigger differences when it comes to movies.

Just curious as to why you think you cannot run wires? Looking at you picture it seem svery easy to do so with being seen much at all. The left surround next to teh doorway and the right surround opposite from it. That would give you a 5.1 system. Espcially if you use RS's for teh surrounds given their diffuse sound field.

The positioning of the left rear speaker is the problem. directly behind were I was standing when I took the picture is the kitchen. The dining area is to the left behind the couch. the main entry is to the left of the grandfather clock. Because the floor changes from carpet to tile at the back doorway, there is no place to run the wiring. Even if you could run the wiring, there is no proper place to place the left rear speaker.

I've wondered about a 4 speaker system with just one in the rear.

I have been wondering if the Synergy SLX 3.1 system is what I am looking for, combined with the right receiver.

I guess I should add I have a pair of original Bose 901's. But they are SOOOO big. I don't want to use them.

Steve