Where to buy... for the best deal

Guest srobak

Guest srobak

Greetings all,

I am a long-time Klipsch admirer, although I have only owned the ProMedia 2.1 which I purchased 4 years ago. I use them quite extensively for audio post production and personal enjoyment - and I have to say they are the best nearfield monitors I have ever owned :)

Recently I had the opportunity to audition the Sub 12 paired up with different mains, including the F2, F3 and SLX.

I liked the sound with all 3 sets, and think that any of them would be great at home and eventually evolve into a full surround system with like components all the way around. I was all set to buy from Best Buy Online and this morning when I went to place the order - all the prices took a dramatic jump, about $100 each. Needless to say, I was a bit put off by this.

So - I am looking for the best place - online or off - to pick up this stuff. Can anyone make a recommendation? I am in Chicagoland and can shop around there, and am also fine with on-line purchases so long as it comes with a blessing from someone on here. :) I am trying desperately to avoid purchasing on ebay, but some of the prices are quite tempting.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I don't know if you have an HH Gregg nearby, but the last time I was in the one here, they had the Sub 12 at $407.   If you buy it paired with an HD TV, you get an additional 10% off.  BB and HHG are the only places I know of to buy the synergy line I know of here.  

The price for Synergy goes up and down at Best Buy all the time...almost as if it's an intentional cycle. I haven't paid too much attention, but I've seen the Sub-12 for as low as $350.

Btw, I also think there are deals when you purchase an entire package at once...and I think discounts on receivers too if you need one. Definetly something to consider.

Guest srobak

unfortunately getting the whole setup at once is not possible. But - I do have the sub12 as of this past thursday, and I am very much liking it :) Without having pushed it yet - to be honest - barely using it... as I am still breaking it in - already one thing comes to mind: Fist Of God Pound On Table.

VERY happy with my choice. Awesome box... tight, clean, strong - big bass without being muddy, boomy or overbearing. Exactly the balance I was looking for.