the pros are so much clearer now!

Distec

Just went to home depot and picked up 50' of 16 gauge wire($7.99), and connected 1/8" mono plugs($2.19) each to it. All i can say is WOW, what a difference. Most of the midrange coloration has gone away, and everything is MUCH clearer. It's like buying a brand new set of speakers. Definately worth the time and ~$15 I paid for it. I suggest anyone who wants better sound to upgrade their speaker wire. It definately DOES make a difference.

Edit - Meant 1/8" mono plugs

Although some people believe that a brand of wire sounds better than another, the general consensus is that wire is wire(when comparing the same thickness.) Any 16- gauge wire should be better than what comes with the pros, so there really isn't a need to spend megabucks on it.

aaaaaahhhh!!!

actually, that is not the consensus distec.

nobody has reached an agreement yet on this issue, and I don'T see it being resolved anytime soon.

however, for the pros, no need to go with expensive wiring, the performance of those PC speakers does not warrant it.

y'know what?

I didn't upgrade yet, although it is something I recommend.

the reason is simple: I'm using all the cheap big gauge wire I have on my home theater setup.

when I move it downstairs, I'll buy new speakers for the stereo setup upstairs, that are going to be pretty top-notch, so I'm going to buy good wire for that, and at the same time I'm going to try to get a good deal and get some more for the home theater (I have to buy a good subwoofer cable anyways). that way, I'll be able to relegate some cheap wire to promedia usage.

plus, the computer is going to move soon as well, so I don't know how much wire I need for the rear sats yet.