Help With a HK Integrated Tube Amp....Please

Kevmosmith

Hi All,

I have a little Hk tube intergrated that I really enjoy. It has 4 el84s and uses 12au7 and 12ax7 tubes with a tube rectifier. It is the "trio" model is what it is called - probably from the 60's. It has a phono section which is where I am having the problems and where I could use your input.

With or without having anything connected to the phono section, it will have a load "motorboat" type sound to it. It is consistent in that it does it everytime. I have switched out the 12au7 and the 12ax7 tubes and it still remains, so I don't think it is the tubes. It only has this problem when phono is selected and everything else on the amp works great. The switches have been cleaned and that did not seem to affect the noise one way or the other.

Any help would be appreciated. This little amp does about everything I need if I can get the phono going, it is a keeper for me. You can email me at kevmosmith@sbcglobal.net

Thanks again,

Kevin