Components available for building Cornwalls?

Turnip

Hi. I've seen the plans here on the forums for building Cornwall cabinets. Other than finding used parts piece by piece on ebay etc., is there another way to get all the required drivers and crossovers? Anyone know if you can get all the drivers and crossovers new from Klipsch and ballpark pricing on what they would cost? I'm pretty good with wood, so I'm really interested in doing a project like this. I'm leary of finding old parts one at a time on ebay though.

Thanks

- d

BEC - I'll email you. Thanks.

Another idea...

This might be a dumb question, but what is the possibility of using the mid & hi horns and crossovers from Heresy HBR's and swapping out the 12" woofer with the 15" K-33 and putting all of them in a homemade Cornwall clone cabinet?

The Heresy and Cornwall use the same mid & hi. I suspect the crossover would have to be modified to work well with the 15" woofers.

Sound ok? I have access to a pair of heresy's, but I want the bass of the cornwalls.

Thanks

- d

As long as you're building a new cabinet, you might as well use a better mid-horn. Bob has a larger mid-horn that sounds like the K-400 (La Scala and KHorn) but fits in a Cornwall-sized cabinet. Use the same tweeter and mid driver as the Heresy/Cornwall. You'll then have the low end of the Cornwall and the improved mid-range of the Scala/Khorn. Do a little searching and you'll see that a lot of people have already gone down this road with great success.

Joe

I built my own and used Bob's larger horn. I love it. SMOOTH. I used most of BEC's parts simply because Ebay parts can be pretty hard to find, worn down, mis matched, and many of the sellers have no idea of what they have. Listen to BEC on this one. High quality parts and very reasonably priced! BTW, Thanks again Bob. I just got your email on the '77

I'm playing extensively with the mid horn variations and fine tuning the horn. I have a few ideas if you need them.

HarryO