Upgrading my Existing Klipsch setup. need advice quick!

tgenius

I'm new here, but a long time Klipsch owner!

Ok, so my fiancee approved of my speaker upgrade.

I have a simple question for you guys:

My current Klipsch setup is KSB 3.1 in front, RC3 for center, KSB 2.1
in back. This was a bookshelf setup thats about 8 yrs old and was
bought when I was just starting up.

I'm going to be getting RF-82s for the front, RB-51s for the back, and
*debating* RS-42s (though I don't have alot of room for them, so that
might get shot down) So how much of an improvement will I notice in my
speaker upgrade? biggrin.gif I listened to the 82s today at BestBuy and was VERY impressed.

I would buy the RC-62 but BestBuy doesn't carry it and the RC-52 looks alot
smaller. Will the new setup work with the RC3 well? The RC3 is/was a
great center.

I'm planning on purchasing tommorow night so any insight would be greatly appreciated!

maybe just a "small" upgrade [;)] I think you're going to love the difference. If you do a lot of movie watching, then you're going to want the better center channel. Is there any advantage to purchasing everything all at once?

What will you be using for the subwoofer?

Sounds like you're gonna end up with an awesome system [Y] Be sure to post pics and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what your long term plans are, but the following is what I'd recommend.

I don't see anything about a sub in your setup. Ever plan to? Very big part of the surround experience.

I'd use your existing center, and use the 3.1 and 2.1 as surround sides and surround rears. For fronts I'd put your whole kitten kaboodle into RF-63 or RF-83s. You should be able to find a place that'll take 75-85% of MSRP for those speakers, possibly better. As time goes on, get an RC-64, then a solid sub, then upgrade the surrounds. In the end you'll have a much better setup for the long haul. I find it better to build 1 piece at a time at a higher level with the upgrades farther between, instead of getting lower level items in larger groups.

Just my opinion, but I think Klipsch speakers at or above the RF-63 level (which includes the Heritage line) are at a performance level that is good for a lifetime, and those below are better suited as stepping stones up the product line. In other words one could stop the upgrade process at the RF-63 and be left with a seriously reputable system for the rest of their life.

Loud&Clear

Thank you for the quick responses.. a little more about my setup

I'm running a 12 inch Klipsch sub (non-digital) KSW12 I believe. The reason I would like to do everything is BestBuy is offering no interest financing for 3 yrs, so it's tough to pass up. I'm not SUPER audiophile, but I do like to pride myself on having an above avg setup (which I would think what I'm planning is, no?)

It's being fed by an Onkyo TX-SR803, which is a pretty great receiver I have to say.

I will not touch the sub until I buy a house in a few years and move out of my condo, so the KSW12 will have to do for now.

Well I decided to get the RF82s (thinking it may be a bit overkill for my condo right now,but I'm buying these for the long haul when I buy a house in a few years :)

Also, I decided to go with the RB61s over the RB51s because frankly, I was a bit surprised at how small the RB51s were!

Bestbuy wouldn't allow me to pricematch + use a 12 percent off coupon, so instead we negotiated to 15 percent off. so $850 for pr of RF82 and $340 for pair of RB61. Now I need to find a good deal on an RC62

personally I love those KSB's! I have 8 of the 1.1's. Would love a pair
of 3.1's if you want to sell yours.

Actually none of those speakers
makes proper side surround. They'd do for rears for the time being,
but if you're doing a new setup consider getting all matched Reference
product for the best sound. RS42 or 52 on the sides and RB61's in the
rear will give near perfect THX style surround experience. Call the office for more info on matched sets if you wish.

Michael