FS: Klf-10 pair

leerocker

Now that i got another pair of chorus , I should really let my klf-10s go. I could use the $ to upgrade my receiver and am out of space in my apartment. The speakers are a little rough, but i am willing to let the price reflect that.

The cabinets were coated with candle wax when i bought them, so i sanded them down and primed/painted them black. I've since been told painting them probably isnt the best thing to do, but they came out looking real decent. When in a set up with a mint condition klf-c7 they fit in nicely. Since then ive moved twice and they've gotten scuffed up. When set up in my living room they look fine but if you go up close you can see that they could use another coat. I'll include the primer/paint i used, so to fix this should only cost you for a brush and some patience.

They are missing one floor spike. I solved this by putting a book under the rear corner of the speaker. mickey-moused, I know, but it worked fine. You can do the same, or order a spike somewhere for what i imagine would only be a few bucks.

One of the grills could use a replacement. It's a little torn and a bit broken. I think i read in one of my posts from a year ago that the grills are $30 from Klipsch. You might want to verify that.

These speakers sound amazing and just need a bit of work to be back to nice condition, i am just out of room in my tiny apartment for them, and i dont have a garage where i can refinish them. If I were to do the work id have to wait until it got warmer out. Once all the work is done they are probably $325-350 speakers but as is I will sell them for $225. Looking for a local pick up situation, as they are big and i dont really want to ship them.

Anyone in New England interested? Pics up later today hopefully.