Tabletop Stand for the Synergy SLX Speakers

Pullo

I currently have a 2.1 system with Synergy SLX Speakers, and a sub....but I want to add a center channel, without having it mounted on the wall. Has anyone found a tabletop stand that can be used with this speaker? Or any other workarounds?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

I have not found many stands that work well with center channel placement. However, I was able to build a stand that works well to hold my center channel above my TV. I constructed it out of 2'x6' stock and used brackets for extra stability especially on the top to prevent undue pressure on the TV. I also added felt on the base to protect the speaker. You may want to built a lip on the base in the front to prevent the speaker from sliding forward. Make sure to measure to fit your TV and it will work well and is VERY cheap to build.

The stand height from top to bottom should be the same as the height of your TV from the floor to the top of the TV. The top base should be at the least the wide from front to back plus about 6-8 inches. The base on the floor should be at least 1/2 the width of the base to provide a good footing.

Major assumptions: you want to mount the speaker above the TV and there is clearance underneath your existing TV stand to slide in the base of the support stand.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My center channel speaker now looks like is floats above the TV and it is entirely supported by the stand. I painted it black to match my TV and TV stand. Because it is nearly unseen (behind the TV) it is very forgiving for flaws or imperfections. It can easily hold 100 pounds.

See my crude drawing

post-23943-13819321754462_thumb.jpg