Marantz receivers

leerocker

I just picked up a Marantz sr6200 used on ebay for what i think to be a really decent price (182 including shipping). Originally these were around $800. It's 105 watts X6. I am seriously hoping that it is an improvement over my 100wpc onkyo. Is it fair for me to expect a noticable difference in sound quality? I am sure hoping so. I figured the Marantz should have better components than the onkyo, which orginally only cost about $200. Hopefully this translates to a better listening experience. I guess even if i dont like it i could resell it and not lose much money.

Anyone have any experience with this unit or other Marantz's in this price range? I've got a week or so before it shows up in the mail. Speakers I'm using are Chorus I's

Thanks!

I have a SR 4200 ( same year model ), Ok, but the built in amps are not the most powerful. Remote is not learning, limited and some buttons are similar shapes. I have my Front Left and Right speakers hooked to a QSC PLX II 3102 pro amp right now, from the pre-outs, and by far the best approach to getting the power you want.

As far as features, I don't know if there are much more than mine. ( dolby Prologic II, DTS, DD, and dolby headphone ) probably the 6200 has DD-EX and DTS-ES

I am sure you can't go wrong, considering the price...

Thank you both, I should have it in a few days. Cant wait! It says it has DD6.1 and DTS6.1 which i think translates to DD-EX and DTS-ES but i am not positive about that. We'll see. I wanted a decent enough receiver to hold me over until the new HD formats are widely available and affordable.

I'll post a review next week in case anyone else has any interest.