iPod rattles

jljarvis

My 5th generation video iPod rattles in my iGroove when I play tunes with deep bass, even at relatively low volume. I have tried adjusting the rubber slide thing in the back, and it has some effect. But I can't get the rattle to go away no matter what position I choose. I know the iPod rattling is the problem, because if I steady it with my finger, the rattling goes away. Does anybody have the same problem? A solution?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is pretty clear to me it is the iPod itself vibrating against the unit. I can almost eliminate it by moving the slider thing to just the right place, and by using the treble boost EQ setting. But it is still there, and only holding the iPod makes it go away completely. I haven't heard any solutions from anywhere.

• 5 months later...

I realize this is an old post but I've got a friend who just got an iGroove and I noticed the rattle at high volumes too. It does seen to be coming from the iPod itself as you point out. I'm thinking of just putting a paper towel behind the iPod. That may solve the problem.

Did you come up with a solution?

• 1 month later...

Yeahh....Same here.! I have just bought the Ipod Classic for my IGroove and it rattles away when there is a slight wiff of Bass..? I did try packing out the back of the Pod and it seems to work..But its very crude and i'm not very happy with this fix..??

I think help is needed here please Klipsch

Mark