Reccomend midrange driver

Aufwuchs

I recently got a pair of EV aristocrats with 16 ohm T-35 and SP12. I know that the standard midrange to go with this setup is a T25A, but they don't seem to be terribly common. Any reccomendations for other 16 ohm drivers that would work well in this system (with the X8 crossover), or should I be patient and wait to find the T25A's? Thanks for any input.

I was going to post "Check now!!!!"

As far as the 8 ohm...if you need 16 oms, just use an autoformer and config for 2X impedance multiplication and you will have 16 ohms. Various sources for small autoformers.

Fiberglass vs metal...age old questions....for large horns I have both types...properly mounted...I can't tell a difference...others might.

You probally won't need the L-pad. The siganl would go crossover>autoformer>driver

You can use either an autoformer that has 5 steps of -3db or one that uses 12 steps of -1db.

The autoformer is superior to the L-pad. L-pads hurts dampening factor. Autoformers do not, and autoformers reduce distortion.

• 1 month later...

If you still need a set of t25a, let me know.

I picked up a pair on ebay last night for 125, plus 35 bucks to ship them from canada.

This pair has the horns as well as the drivers.

You can have them at my cost, plus shipping from me to you.

If you act fast, I might be able to have the seller ship directly to you, and save you the second layer of shipping.

If you don't need them, not a probelm, I can list them on ebay and sell them pretty easy.