Promedia 4.1 (EU) dead, help needed

LosWochos

Hey guys,

My 5 year old Promedia 4.1 died a few months ago and after contacting Klipsch service I sent it in to the "official" German repair center, only to have them tell me that the power supply seems to be dead and the repair cost would be approx. 200 EUR....

So today I opened the sub to take a look and did some measurements and the DC input to the board 640023 rev. 1 is 330V. Can anyone tell me if this is the correct value so I can assume the power supply isn't damaged?

My next step would then be to replace the seemingly notorious R26.

Any more ideas?

Thanks in advance, Stefan

Hi,

I have the same problem here in Sweden. The repairs are costing me almost the same and I cant get around to justify the price. I believe I too blew my power supply as the system became weak before it blew. The amp was clipping at relatively low volumes and then one fine day, the system just died following a faint pop.

After taking a look inside the amp, I cannot see anything burnt except for R25 which seems half burnt. Can you take a look and help me with the resistor values for it ? :-D Its right on top of the power supply. Here is a pic.

/Emaad Rafi

post-9828-13819325568892_thumb.jpg