Forte II's and Hersey's ?

hach13

I have a pair of Forte II's and considering adding another pair of speakers. Will I be satisfied with a pair of Hersey's or should I hold out for another pair of Forte II's? Room size 30 x 20 with 8 ft ceilings. Primarily 2 channel now but eventually would like to add and academy center for 5.1.

Thanks

Hach13

hach,

Whereabouts in Iowa? I'm just NE of Cedar Rapids.

I have recently picked up Forte II's and have Cornwall II's. I would expect the upper end of the Cornwalls to be quite similar to the Heresy, though I've not heard Heresys.

So for me, the Forte II and Heresy are quite different. The Forte II's have really satisfying low end bass which the Heresy couldn't match. However, based on my Cornwall experience, the Heresey would have better midrange and imaging accuracy.

So, that's quite a dichotomy to choose between. For me, I'd go with the Heresys and a sub, you did mention 5.1 as a destination, which would include a sub. If you're adimant about full range and no sub, then by all means stick with the Forte II's all around.

Burlington.

Thaks for the response. I'm actually going to upgrade my CD first as currently I'm using an inexpensive admiral 5 disc.

I'm running Forte II's - Rotel RC972 Pre Amp - Rotel RB980 Amp 120/ch. The sound is very good with plenty of base from the Forte II's.

I'll likely stick with Rotel for the CD. The Hersey question is a result of spotting a pair on Craig's list for a very reasonable price of $225. No response from the seller to date so likely already sold. I'm not in a big rush and will up-grade as deals come along.

I travel Eastern Iowa quite often. Would'nt mind hearing your Cornwall / Forte combination if you're around during the day during the week.

Thaks again for the advice.

Hach